Monday 14 June 2010

How I Miss Mexican Food!

Today, I found myself missing Mexican food so much I had to make it for dinner. So after work I trudged down to the local Waitrose (haha, the "posh" grocery store as it is known by the Brits but to us it's like Trader Jo's) to pick up the necessities. I found a recipe online - don't laugh too hard - on Gwyneth Paltrow's website "GOOP". Now, I found the website because I was reading an article about how everyone was making fun of her and her cooking style. It just so happens that WHAT she was cooking is fabulous, so who cares if she is the one doing it? Not my taste buds! Anyway, I came home and read the easy instructions and wow, that's some good food! My husband and I loved it. It's easy, simple, and tasty. Try it...you won't be sorry! Also, I have to give GP some props, she said to use Cholula hot sauce, well I'm not a fan of spice (heat spice) but this hot sauce is the shiznit! It's not hot, it's flavorful! I tried the garlic/chili version. Seriously good stuff.
Also, speaking of Waitrose and all things "posh"... Brits have their groceries delivered to their houses...all...the...time! I had never heard of such a thing unless you lived in the swank town of Beverly Hills and had a maid and a nanny already and six Land Rovers. But here, everyone does it! They even get their milk delivered in glass jars outside their doors aka Beaver Cleaver style! HA! So, I checked into it thinking it had to be ridiculously expensive or something, but no, reasonable and bonus, I don't have to go to the grocery store half as often seeing they will deliver every Wednesday. Ah, so nice! I'm really going to miss this option when I leave here and end up in Mississippi or South Dakota where the only thing delivered to your door is your mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment