Saturday 12 June 2010

Bury St. Edmunds Farmer's Market




Today, I went into Bury for the Farmer's Market that is held there every Saturday and Wednesday. They sell local goods, coffee, tea, clothing, all types of produce from local farmers, fish, meats, candy, books,household items, and even plants. I've been to it several times in the past two months and I can honestly say it's the best place to get your produce from. For instance I paid 1 pound for romaine lettuce that still had the dirt on the bottom from being picked. It's much fresher than say, produce that's had to be flown in and lost half of it's nutrients before it even touches my kitchen table. I also purchased 2lbs of strawberries for 3pounds and a pound of cherries for 1.50. I highly recommend stopping by there to see what they have and try out the local produce for yourself. Have fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment