Monday 17 September 2012

Getcha Movin' Smoothie!

SO, I've been gone for a long time! Went and had a baby about 18 months ago...and completely forgot I even wrote a blog once upon a time. The other day I was looking for a smoothie recipe for my son and I honestly gave up the search and just concocted my own. Some smoothie recipes ask for all of the fruit added to be frozen to make it thick but my little one has a tough time getting it through a straw when it's that thick so I water it down a bit.


One small handful of blueberries
One small handful of strawberries
1 TBS of ground flaxseed
1/4 avocado
4 TBS vanilla yogurt (organic preferably)
3 big chunks frozen mango
3 TBS apple juice

Blend and serve.

If your little one is like mine, he will drink the whole thing as part of a meal. Depending on how old/hungry your child is this could either be cut in half or thirds and the rest frozen for later. I tried one for myself and it really is delicious. Bonus: it has 10 grams of fiber in it and 6 grams of protein, along with a shot of vitamins C, B-6, Folate, E, Calcium, and Iron.  Can't beat that!

No comments:

Post a Comment